Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Gift box/purse

A few months ago I made a box purse for my niece's 13th birthday. It turned out super cute and really easy. I filled it with makeup and girly things to help her be even more "fabulous"!


It is super simple and fun to make. I started out with a clear stationary box from Papertrey and made a template out of Chatterbox double sided paper. I wrapped the paper around the box and only needed to use adhesive on the finish/end side and the top and bottom.



I then wrapped the box with a smaller piece of the other side of the DSP and Pretty in Pink cardstock and decorated it like a card. I used the Fabulous Flowers set from Stampin Up!. The flower is stamped on shimmery white cardstock in Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink inks (I used the markers and then misted the stamp). "Dare to be Fabulous" is stamped with Close to Cocoa classic ink. I glued rhinestones in the center of the flower and on the bottom right.

I used Crop-a-dile to punch holes on the top sides for brads to
attach the ribbon handle:



I used a wide grosgrain ribbon and made a decorative cut on the bottom to give the ends a finished look.

I hope you all have a chance to make one of these gift box/purses. I thought of several things to fill it with:
  • cards (obviously)
  • makeup (like I did for this one)
  • gift cards
  • candy
  • embellishments (brads, eyelets, 1/4 sheets of cardstock, ribbon, etc...)

I am thinking of making these for my son's teachers' end of year gifts and filling them with thank you notes...

No comments: