Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Old friends baby card

A good friend, from my childhood, and I have rekindled our friendship since I moved back to Northern California. I just went to her baby shower on Sunday. I had gotten her a jumbo box of diapers and a Target gift card~ the super cute one with an alligator on the front. I have been wanting to make a double pocket card and I wanted a super cute way of presenting her gift card~ so I followed the super easy directions from Barb Millikan's blog (she's amazing!). I got so many complements on this card! Everyone wanted to know how to make it and how I learned... I was even asked if I was a professional! Imagine that! But since I am merely a hobby demo I didn't offer a class or anything to teach them how! But you should really try this out- What a fun way to present a gift card!


Here is the inside: And the tag for the message:



The stamp sets are SU!'s Wild About You, Bursting with joy and fancy flexible phrases, the paper isn't from SU! and the ink colors are: cool caribbean (retired), wild wasabi, basic black and so saffron. I used the Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware and some retired ribbon on the tag and some other brand ribbon on the front. Enjoy and try making one yourself- it's super easy and soooo cute!
I haven't posted in awhile~ I don't know how long I will do this blogging thing for. I haven't yet figured out why I even started blogging in the first place.




No comments: