Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Chipboard! I did it!

This week has been a crazy one! My big sister and her husband are in Mexico on vacation (lucky dogs) so my mom and I have been taking care of their 3 kids. So in some part of my day, I have up to 6 kids (ages 3 months to 12 years) in my care. They are great kids- but I am thinking I am done with having babies. Three is enough!

So I finally used chipboard for the very first time! I like how it adds dimension to the card without making it bulky. I made this card for todays sketch challenge at Splitcoast. It was a nice and easy challenge- I was able to start it and complete it before the baby woke from his nap.

I started out by painting the edges of the flower and center circle chipboard with red paint. I then traced the shapes onto Ginger Blossoms DSP. I used spray on adhesive to make sure I got a good solid adhesion. I sanded the edges with the sanding blocks just to add some texture. The Ruby Red cardstock is cut to fit a standard A2 envelope. The polka dot DSP is 3 3/4"x5" and the red striped DSP strip is 1 1/2"x 5 1/2". The greeting is Sincere Salutations stamped with Ruby Red Classic Ink. The ribbon is the Groovy Guava Double Stitched Ribbon. It's a very simple card but I am satisfied with the results.

How do you use chipboard? I would love to learn some more ways of using this stuff. Please post your ideas and I will give them a try and post the results! If I get several ideas I will compile a list and share it with you.

Well, off to Karate and volleyball carpool! Bye for now!

No comments: