Monday, January 28, 2008

Fun weekend in the snow!



Friday afternoon we all loaded up the car and went to the mountains for a fun-filled weekend in the snow. The kids were in heaven! They would spend every second outside building snowmen and tubing if they were able.

Today, I thought I would share with you the announcement I made for Evan's birth. They were a lot of fun to make and a lot of work. But they were easy enough that I would definately use the layout again for a card for an extra special person. I got my "inspiration" from this card at SCS.

The patterned paper and ribbon are from Tres Jolie and My minds eye and the solid paper is Bazzil that I bought at my local scrapbooking store. The stamp sets used are Stamp of Authenticity and Office Accoutrement from Stampin UP! and the "e" is cut from my Cricut. The card's size (not including the tab) is 6"x4". I made the tab using SU!'s Round tab punch and used an aqua'ish brad to attach it to the back side of the card. The front strip (diagonal patterned paper) is 6"x1 1/2". I distressed all of the edges and stamped everything using brown chalk ink. The little tag I tied to the knot using twine was punched from a generic tag punch I borrowed from my mom. The "boy" is stamped from SU!'s Everyday Flexible Phrases .

The inside sheets are 5 7/8"x 3 7/8". The side is punched with the Spiral punch. The Very Vanilla cardstock was printed on my computer with brown ink and stamped in brown and olive chalk inks. I also used these as thank you notes for some people- I wrote the message to the left of the photo.


I was really happy how these turned out! Like I said they were a lot of work but definately worth the time.

Amazingly enough, I got these out in the mail not even a month after he was born!!


Thanks for looking, have a great day and bye for now!











No comments: