Thursday, January 24, 2008

In a rut already!

So I finally am stamping again yet I feel like I am in a rut already! I feel like my cards are all the same. What I need to do is start doing the challenges over at SCS. Todays is using paint... hmmm. I have some chipboard that I have not ever used- maybe I will try painting that. If any of you have any advice for how to get out of ruts please let me know!
This was a layout I cased from the cover of last months SU magazine. It's a good basic and easy layout. You can use any or no BG stamp and any paper and any embellishment you want! It literally took about 8 minutes to make! I used SU's Polka dot BG and It's
your birthday stamp set. The card is 4 1/4 square in
Soft Sky cardstock. Purely Pomegranate double stitch ribbon and ink is used. The flower I got years ago at Walmart. I am a hoarder- so I was happy to finally use the flower.
Some glitter would be nice somewhere on this paper (I can't remember where it's from- also had for quite awhile).







I tried to challenge myself with a different color scheme, so I went on to this color combo site and got an idea. I used Purely Pomegranate, last years in color Cool Caribbean and Basic Gray. The stamp set used are Baroque Motifs, En Francais and Fancy Flexible Phrases. I put a blue rhinestone in the center of the flower (which is popped out) and 3 clear rhinestones on the Basic Gray Taffeta ribbon. The Tombow adhesive stuck to my tweezers which made the center rhinestone stick to the tweezers. That made it spread a bit. The smudge isn't as noticeable IRL as in the picture.

Anyway, if I get a chance to use paint on a card I will upload the photo.

I hope you all have a wonderful and happy day!

God bless you and bye for now!













No comments: