Thursday, February 7, 2008

Grandmother's 90th Birthday

Andy's Grandmother is turning 90 this month! Wow- she has seen a lot of change in her lifetime. Do you ever wonder what the changes will be in our lifetime? Are we going to have flying cars? Are we going to take vacations on the moon? Imagine what the changes will be for our grandchildren! I wonder if when our grandparents were yound they had any idea of where the world would be when they were 90? Hmmm... I think that may be as deep as I can go today- the cold is still slowing down my brain synapses.


Anyway, I needed a card to send up to Canada for her birthday party... My mom had just lent me her Pretties kit to try out since she hadn't used it in 4 months. I really like the embellishments inside- I just am not sure what to do with the flowers. I tried my watercolor crayons on them and wasn't impressed with my ability to make them look nice. I will have to try dying them or using my pens. I think chalking them would look the same as the watercolor crayons. The card dimesions are once again 4" x 81/2". I used the hatpin and beads from the Pretties kit, the retired DSP Enchanted (I think), brown satin ribbon and a large flower from Prima. The "Birthday Wishes" is from SU! Since Salutations.



Hope you all have a great day! I am off to go play outside- I finally heard the birds chirping this morning for the first time in a while- so I knew it was going to be a beautiful day!




No comments: