Friday, February 8, 2008

My first lightbulb idea!




I was so excited last night- I had my first real lightbulb moment in crafting. (I haven't seen this idea anywhere else and I did a search to make sure I hadn't pulled this idea from my long term memory...) I have been wanting to make a nugget tin for so long but haven't been able to get the nugget tins- sold out, more money than I wanted to spend, etc... Also, I was thinking if a nugget tin was given to a non-crafter, what would they do with it after the chocolate was all gone? Would they toss it? If so, that's expensive trash. So I wanted to come up with an inexpensive and quick idea... and I also wanted a nice way of decorating this packaging... hmmm... RUB-ONS! I could have decorated this further but I was so excited and it was close to midnight and I wanted some sleep... So what do you think?


I used the plastic card boxes that I had gotten from Papertreyink. Ten boxes for only $6! And if you use the boxes for cards, you can use rub-ons, also. I made this card for my husband for Valentine's Day. I had painted a heart from SU!'s On Board Accents and then used the new SAB Run-ons. I used my new photo corner punch on Berry Bliss DSP and some pink taffeta ribbon with a flower slide from Hodgepodge Hardware- silver. It looks like I used rub-ons on the bottom right but that is on the plastic box the card is in.
The lighting is a little bit better in this picture of it (left). My camera battery is low so it isn't taking very good pictures.
I will show you my small Valentine card for my best friend tomorrow. It's on Splitcoast
right now if you want a sneak peek.
Have a good weekend!

No comments: