Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Teacher's Valentines

I finally got these finished today. I've been wanting to make something like this since seeing similar projects over at Splitcoast. They can be so versatile- as fancy or as simple as you want to make it.

I used the Starbucks Frapp bottles- I enjoyed the coffee, peeled the labels, use "goo-gone" to get the sticky goo off and then put them in the dishwasher. The next thing I did was paint the sticks green (I used shish-ka-bob sticks) with green acrylic and let them dry. I then used the SAB Rub-ons Love & Happiness on the bottle. ( I used the brown on one and the olive on the other.) I punched out the scalloped circles from Berry Bliss and a retired DSP (cannot remember the name of it- it matched the Polka dots and paisleys set) and from Close to Cocoa and Old Olive cardstocks (I used those for the back of the flower). I used the 1/2" circle punch for the center of the flower. I used liquid mono-adhesive to attach the flowers to the peppermint patties. One flower has a center stamped from Riveting (an old hostess set from SU!). I stamped it then colored the inside heart with the pretty in pink stampin write marker. I stamped it twice then punched out the heart and adhered it onto a pewter build-a-brad. The "stems" have ribbon tied for a petal effect. Then I used chocolate satin, pink taffeta, rose grosgrain and mellow moss grosgrain ribbons to tie around the neck of the bottles. Then, I filled the bottles with m&m's and placed the flowers in. I had to trim the sticks to get them different levels.

Hopefully this was explained clear enough- I have so much on my mind- trying to get ready for my trip. I have got to go pack and prepare! Talk to you when I get back!

No comments: