Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Good to be back... again.



We had a great week with our friends! It was so good to be together and see the kids rekindle their friendships.


So since I was having such a wonderful time with good friends I didn't have time to make anything. While doing other things I did come up with some ideas that will be fun to put on paper.


This is one of them:
I finally rec'd my CB folder "swiss dots" and have just about "dotted" every piece of paper around! I LOVE it! The card base is Chocolate Chip cardstock folded so it opens upwards. The green paper is adhesive backed textured paper my mom gave me(it's from Quickcutz)- I embossed it with the dots and then sanded the top to show the white core. I love this color- it's not quite an olive color (when side by side with SU!'s olive) but has more of a kiwi color added into it. I finally put together my Doodle This set that I have had forever! I stamped the swirly in Old Olive Classic ink on a whisper white piece of cardstock and backed it with chocolate chip. I put together the flowers from the Flower Fusion felt flowers and used brown brads to adhere them together. The Purely Pomegranate cardstock is also "dotted" and then wrapped with the double stitched ribbon. The bottom has a little brown pebble just give some more dimension. The inside is lined with Purely Pomegranate and Whisper White cardstock to write on. The inside sentiment I used is from Time Well Spent ("time spent with friends is time well spent"). I am sending this to my friend that was just up for a visit. I miss her already!
I hope to be back tomorrow! I have missed some great SCS challenges that I would love to catch up on. But I have a ton of cleaning to do now- so we'll see where my priorities are tomorrow!

No comments: