Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Inspiration

It's funny the things that bring creativity to our brains... what sparks our imagination. This past weekend I had a chance to browse the Pottery Barn Teen catalog- there are quite a few "inspiration" pieces in there. So I dog-eared a few pages in hopes that I would have an opportunity to translate what I saw in this publication into a greeting card. The first card I made was inspired by this fabric on this "Lounge 'n Chair" .

It was also a great opportunity to finally ink up my new SU! Enjoy the Moment stamp set. I have to say I was a bit surprised at how nicely and perfectly the word inked up. The ink just covered it so nicely! I was also able to use my Die-Cut Blooms. The base of the card is Old Olive cardstock. I layered a piece of textured purely pomegranate and Cuttlebugged chocolate chip cardstock. The flower layers are Flower Fusion and die-cut blooms with a pink rhinestone brad in the middle. The 2 ribbons are striped grosgrain (pumpkin pie) and the old 3/8" tangerine grosgrain. "Enjoy" was stamped in chocolate chip classic ink and the center was stamped with Pumpkin pie and Purely pomegranate on Whisper white cs backed with the DSP Summer Picnic available in the current Occasions mini. I used a small brown brad in the corner.




Besides having a great time making cards, I had the opportunity to spend a little time in my garden. I feel like I was given a gift from God. I have been cutting roses and giving them away to special people as little gifts but have not cut any for myself~ until today. Aren't they amazingly beautiful!?! Every rose is a different kind, color and fragrance! I took a few photos of my roses and actually found the most interesting insect on one of the roses... Check this out:
Isn't he cool? (click on the picture to see it up close)





Each rose plant is different~ I have 47 rose bushes. Some have the most fragrant petals, some are huge! and some are so delicate. Everyday is a surprise as to what will have bloomed. Several bushes are full of flowers and some haven't even bloomed yet but have dozens of buds just waiting to take center stage.
Check out the color and size of this flower! That is my hand next to it! It totally looks like I did some fancy photoshopping on it- I don't even have a program like that! It's amazing. I love it~ had no idea how much I would cherish my garden when we bought this place.
Anyways, have a wonderful day and don't forget to stop and smell the roses!

No comments: