Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I have got to get things done!

Ok, I had taken such a long break from crafting (over a year) that now that I am back into it I want to do nothing else but craft. Well, my house is a disaster! I have got to do something about it. So I am only allowing myself one project for the rest of the week: a vintage style Hawaiian birthday card for my great uncle who is turning like 88 or something. I have this old little picture of him in his Army uniform with 2 Hawaiian models. Very cool picture! I love pictures from the 40's! So I made a digital copy and am planning on making some sort of collage style card with it and some postcards I picked up in Hawaii of vintage Hawaii posters. Since that is my only project I thought I would share with you some of my scrapbook pages that I made a little while ago (my last project before the big move).
I hired a photographer (in '96) to take some pictures of my kids down at the beach (when we lived in Huntington Beach) for Christmas for my husband and family. The pictures were stunning! These are the pages I made with those pics. Enjoy!




























3 comments:

Cassie said...

Hi! I just clicked on your blog from SCS. What a treat!!! I have definitely bookmarked you!!
These are GORGEOUS pages - your family looks just darling!!

Alicia Weiman said...

Love your scrabooking pages. They look so elegant, yet easy to do. I like making pages that really focus on the photos more so than the design and your pictures are the first things that pop out of your pages. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

You kids are adorable too!
http://www.happystamp.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

Your kids are too cute!! Great job on the layouts, they are beautiful! What a fun gift that your kids- nicely done scrapbooks of their childhood. :-)